chat clients and social networks

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 2:17 pm

no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it

if i lived in your misanthropic anarchist paradise i would be arguing against it because everyone would be worse off

why should 13 year olds not be able to consent? because western society has determined that they are not sexually mature enough to realize the consequences of sleeping with a 50 year old and because they are ripe for abuse

would you be saying the same thing about a 13 year old boy whose ugly teacher told him she would pass him if he fucked her in the laundry room?
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 2:21 pm

fd wishes he had all of the privileges of an adult and thinks the world would be better off if everyone had the same 'freedom'

the state has always had the authority to regulate morality - it is something that we all agree with to varying extents except for you, the teenager who thinks us normies are slave drivers
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by george lucas on September 14th 2016, 2:22 pm

so taking my kids phone away for a day will literally destroy them and require years of therapy to recover from
avatar
george lucas

Posts : 3021
volume of testosterone : 50401
Join date : 2016-02-09
Age : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by george lucas on September 14th 2016, 2:25 pm

oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
to say nothing is wrong with society at all is way off base but that's a whole other can of worms and a discussion for another time, I just felt the need to say something
avatar
george lucas

Posts : 3021
volume of testosterone : 50401
Join date : 2016-02-09
Age : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by toby on September 14th 2016, 2:25 pm

seriously flaming you really need to get out of "lol who cares about morals, kid's are the smart ones not the adults lol" teenage rebel stage

being a teenager does not automatically make you a philosopher with all the answers to the world's problems
avatar
toby
Toby

Posts : 5900
volume of testosterone : 117621
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 46
Location : toby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by toby on September 14th 2016, 2:26 pm

keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
to say nothing is wrong with society at all is way off base but that's a whole other can of worms and a discussion for another time, I just felt the need to say something
there may be some problems with society maybe, maybe not but flamings "everything is wrong with society all the time" bs is clearly wrong


Last edited by samoyed on September 14th 2016, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
toby
Toby

Posts : 5900
volume of testosterone : 117621
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 46
Location : toby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by george lucas on September 14th 2016, 2:28 pm

tru flaming is way off base too
avatar
george lucas

Posts : 3021
volume of testosterone : 50401
Join date : 2016-02-09
Age : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 2:46 pm

keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
to say nothing is wrong with society at all is way off base but that's a whole other can of worms and a discussion for another time, I just felt the need to say something
there is nothing wrong with society that requires this radical restructuring of social order like fd is clamoring for like some prophet

oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 2:46 pm

but fd's dad has problems
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by cya on September 14th 2016, 2:56 pm

oaky wrote:oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day

you also tack on the apparent fact that parents should never utilize their responsibilities to discipline or stop their child from doing something harmful or inviting harmful habits, up to having underage, even unprotected, sex or literally using cocaine.
he additionally advocates, in an indirect way, the circulation of child pornography by not caring if his own child's nudes are circulated on the internet.

fd, i literally don't care if this is some culture gap i'm not understanding, this is seriously unhealthy for anybody.

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 5:09 pm

room wrote:
oaky wrote:oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day

you also tack on the apparent fact that parents should never utilize their responsibilities to discipline or stop their child from doing something harmful or inviting harmful habits, up to having underage, even unprotected, sex or literally using cocaine.
he additionally advocates, in an indirect way, the circulation of child pornography by not caring if his own child's nudes are circulated on the internet.

fd, i literally don't care if this is some culture gap i'm not understanding, this is seriously unhealthy for anybody.
he can believe and argue what he wants but i dont get how he can act surprised at the fact that we disagree with him
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by george lucas on September 14th 2016, 5:46 pm

oaky wrote:
keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
to say nothing is wrong with society at all is way off base but that's a whole other can of worms and a discussion for another time, I just felt the need to say something
there is nothing wrong with society that requires this radical restructuring of social order like fd is clamoring for like some prophet

oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day
i feel like we could benefit from some restructuring of society but that would take millennia and trying to go full on with huge changes immediately like fd wants won't work, gradual small changes must be made
avatar
george lucas

Posts : 3021
volume of testosterone : 50401
Join date : 2016-02-09
Age : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 7:22 pm

keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:
keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
to say nothing is wrong with society at all is way off base but that's a whole other can of worms and a discussion for another time, I just felt the need to say something
there is nothing wrong with society that requires this radical restructuring of social order like fd is clamoring for like some prophet

oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day
i feel like we could benefit from some restructuring of society but that would take millennia and trying to go full on with huge changes immediately like fd wants won't work, gradual small changes must be made
well in the spirit of this thread what do you think should change
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by cya on September 14th 2016, 7:29 pm

when did this stop being about chat clients and social networks

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by toby on September 14th 2016, 7:30 pm

room wrote:when did this stop being about chat clients and social networks
when fd unironically told us that saying no to your kid was bad
avatar
toby
Toby

Posts : 5900
volume of testosterone : 117621
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 46
Location : toby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 7:30 pm

room wrote:when did this stop being about chat clients and social networks
when fd mentioned sending nudes and the subject changed to the age of consent
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by Flammarcos on September 14th 2016, 7:42 pm

samoyed wrote:seriously flaming your world view is absolutely terrifying

Flamdini wrote:seriously what the hell did you post
flaming you really seem to overestimate(to an absolutely astounding degree) the maturity of children
no, i just think that we should teach them from an early age that their mistakes are their own
oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
wew #1

if i lived in your misanthropic anarchist paradise i would be arguing against it because everyone would be worse off
wew #2

why should 13 year olds not be able to consent? because western society has determined that they are not sexually mature enough to realize the consequences of sleeping with a 50 year old and because they are ripe for abuse
and there are plenty of counterexamples to the notion. besides the concern with age of consent isn't actually "maturity" it's "does this person know what they're getting into" which in the case of pre-adols or the mentally impeded is obviously "no"

would you be saying the same thing about a 13 year old boy whose ugly teacher told him she would pass him if he fucked her in the laundry room?
unless she was failing him to put him in this situation sounds consensual. that being said i'd punish the teacher for grade shittery obviously

oaky wrote:fd wishes he had all of the privileges of an adult and thinks the world would be better off if everyone had the same 'freedom'

the state has always had the authority to regulate morality - it is something that we all agree with to varying extents except for you, the teenager who thinks us normies are slave drivers
lol i'm not one of those "why can't i kill trespassers??" freaks, i completely agree with a government or government-equivalent maintaining social order, i just have different ideas of what social order means and what maintaining it entails
keemstar wrote:so taking my kids phone away for a day will literally destroy them and require years of therapy to recover from
it will make them pretty upset until they forget about it. not to mention it's just wrong because unless you set terms when you gave it to them it's 100% their unconditional property
samoyed wrote:seriously flaming you really need to get out of "lol who cares about morals, kid's are the smart ones not the adults lol" teenage rebel stage

being a teenager does not automatically make you a philosopher with all the answers to the world's problems
this isn't about fucking morality
samoyed wrote:there may be some problems with society maybe, maybe not but flamings "everything is wrong with society all the time" bs is clearly wrong
that's not the case either i don't believe that, i think society's stance on murder is good, i think society's stance on religious tolerance is good
room wrote:
oaky wrote:oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day

you also tack on the apparent fact that parents should never utilize their responsibilities to discipline or stop their child from doing something harmful or inviting harmful habits, up to having underage, even unprotected, sex or literally using cocaine.
he additionally advocates, in an indirect way, the circulation of child pornography by not caring if his own child's nudes are circulated on the internet.

fd, i literally don't care if this is some culture gap i'm not understanding, this is seriously unhealthy for anybody.
like i already said you should do everything in your power to stop them from hurting themselves. what you shouldn't do is violate their rights to property, privacy, choice and whatever right not having the shit beat out of you is. if you say "your phone/privacy/car is a privilege and not a right and i'll take it away whenever i feel like it" BEFORE you give it to them and exercise this within reasonable limits i have no problem with that because oh snap guess what when you give people things without a contract saying otherwise they tend to think that thing is theirs and feel like their property rights are being violated
"inviting harmful habits" can be taken to any length like i said in my last post.
again ultimately even though anything that happens outside of your home is technically not your business you can still show concern like you would for a friend and try to get them to change in a businesslike fashion like "you're failing two classes so like i said i would when i gave it to you and you agreed to by accepting the phone i'm taking your phone". just don't give orders like "stop doing drugs or the belt you pick". because any orders are inherently threats, like i just illustrated. they're "or else" statements. there's also the factor that positive reinforcement has been shown to be much more effective than negative punishment.

keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:
keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
to say nothing is wrong with society at all is way off base but that's a whole other can of worms and a discussion for another time, I just felt the need to say something
there is nothing wrong with society that requires this radical restructuring of social order like fd is clamoring for like some prophet

oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day
i feel like we could benefit from some restructuring of society but that would take millennia and trying to go full on with huge changes immediately like fd wants won't work, gradual small changes must be made
then the only thing we disagree on is if it would take millenia or centuries.
avatar
Flammarcos
Afro Fagmaxhomogay

Posts : 4206
volume of testosterone : -264057
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 421
Location : charles wingate's stomach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by Flammarcos on September 14th 2016, 7:43 pm

samoyed wrote:
room wrote:when did this stop being about chat clients and social networks
when fd unironically told us that saying no to your kid was bad
Bitch Where

also daily reminder this conversation happened because mac b, dogman and spinny all three exemplars of social skills think children shouldn't be allowed to own smartphones until they're 159 years and 350 days old
avatar
Flammarcos
Afro Fagmaxhomogay

Posts : 4206
volume of testosterone : -264057
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 421
Location : charles wingate's stomach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by toby on September 14th 2016, 7:57 pm

"if anything i'd argue in the day and age where every 13 year old has snapchat telling your kid "no" will do them far more harm."
avatar
toby
Toby

Posts : 5900
volume of testosterone : 117621
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 46
Location : toby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by Flammarcos on September 14th 2016, 7:59 pm

samoyed wrote:
Flamdini wrote:
samoyed wrote:
room wrote:when did this stop being about chat clients and social networks
when fd unironically told us that saying no to your kid was bad

also daily reminder this conversation happened because mac b, dogman and spinny all three exemplars of social skills think children shouldn't be allowed to own smartphones until they're 159 years and 350 days old

"if anything i'd argue in the day and age where every 13 year old has snapchat telling your kid "no" will do them far more harm"

wow bro you sure are a cool dude
gotta love how you take "hey kids shouldn't own phones until they're smart/mature enough to fully understand the ramifications of any mistakes they make. 17 - 18 seems like a pretty good age)" as some sort of backwards statement
telling your kid "no you can't have a snapchat even though it's what all your friends use JUST TALK TO THEM AT SCHOOL" will do them social harm, i didn't say anything about in general or in regards to their psychology just in this one aspect. saying "no" if your kid asks "can i have food" also happens to be harmful.

because it is a backwards statement freshmen are coming into my school that got their first smartphone in like 4th grade no amazingly rapid and solid judgment is necessary for 99% of situations involving cell phones, this is why you have cyber-safety seminars and such at schools it's drilled into their heads to the point that if they fuck up and send nudes when ten posters at school said it was a bad idea it's entirely their fault and has nothing to do with their age
avatar
Flammarcos
Afro Fagmaxhomogay

Posts : 4206
volume of testosterone : -264057
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 421
Location : charles wingate's stomach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by george lucas on September 14th 2016, 8:03 pm

oaky wrote:
keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:
keemstar wrote:
oaky wrote:no, dont change society because theres nothing wrong with it
to say nothing is wrong with society at all is way off base but that's a whole other can of worms and a discussion for another time, I just felt the need to say something
there is nothing wrong with society that requires this radical restructuring of social order like fd is clamoring for like some prophet

oh no i feel bad today its SOCIETY'S FAULT if only LAWS were gone then i could play video games and be happy all day
i feel like we could benefit from some restructuring of society but that would take millennia and trying to go full on with huge changes immediately like fd wants won't work, gradual small changes must be made
well in the spirit of this thread what do you think should change
not a drastic society change unless you involve the whole world but id like to see trans acceptance go way up
avatar
george lucas

Posts : 3021
volume of testosterone : 50401
Join date : 2016-02-09
Age : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by george lucas on September 14th 2016, 8:04 pm

Flamdini wrote:
samoyed wrote:
room wrote:when did this stop being about chat clients and social networks
when fd unironically told us that saying no to your kid was bad
Bitch Where

also daily reminder this conversation happened because mac b, dogman and spinny all three exemplars of social skills think children shouldn't be allowed to own smartphones until they're 159 years and 350 days old
...i never said that
avatar
george lucas

Posts : 3021
volume of testosterone : 50401
Join date : 2016-02-09
Age : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by toby on September 14th 2016, 8:05 pm

seriously dude i'm the only one that said the smartphone bs
why are you lumping most of the people that disagreed with your nonsense in with me
avatar
toby
Toby

Posts : 5900
volume of testosterone : 117621
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 46
Location : toby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by Flammarcos on September 14th 2016, 8:17 pm

keemstar wrote:
Flamdini wrote:
samoyed wrote:
room wrote:when did this stop being about chat clients and social networks
when fd unironically told us that saying no to your kid was bad
Bitch Where

also daily reminder this conversation happened because mac b, dogman and spinny all three exemplars of social skills think children shouldn't be allowed to own smartphones until they're 159 years and 350 days old
...i never said that
oh i fucked up

samoyed wrote:seriously dude i'm the only one that said the smartphone bs
why are you lumping most of the people that disagreed with your nonsense in with me
mac agreed with you and the only one i got wrong was spinny
avatar
Flammarcos
Afro Fagmaxhomogay

Posts : 4206
volume of testosterone : -264057
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 421
Location : charles wingate's stomach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by oaky on September 14th 2016, 9:21 pm

you would punish a teacher for giving a kid bad grades but not for using her position of authority to have sex with a child?
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9512
volume of testosterone : 267187
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 93
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: chat clients and social networks

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum