aetali war

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by He. on October 15th 2015, 1:47 pm

what the fuck you don't need to be drafted to own a fucking gun i own two! three if you count the Winston boi
avatar
He.
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

Posts : 5962
volume of testosterone : 149551
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 18
Location : florida swamp

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by toby on October 15th 2015, 3:35 pm

viubladan wrote:
Barbarian Obama wrote:
viubladan wrote:
funny, i kinda expected you to go the lazy route with your mlp war stuff and just use the classic only unicorns use weapons because muh magical horns
that would be horrendously ineffective because most unicorns are rich and privileged and wouldn't get drafted until literally nobody else was left but them
So how do they use guns?
that would be something the few unicorns who do actually get drafted do since they have that ability
now i'm legitimately curious how warfare actually works in your world
is it pretty much just lobbing storms and hurricanes at each other until one side finally calls it quits or what
is it trench warfare sans guns
avatar
toby
Toby

Posts : 5900
volume of testosterone : 118041
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 47
Location : toby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by cya on October 15th 2015, 4:14 pm

Barbarian Obama wrote:
roomo wrote:they don't have em even then i'd assume they'd be novelty as fuck or something like water clocks
guns were far from novelty in the ww1 era

on the cusp of the industrial revolution?

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on October 15th 2015, 4:23 pm

the long and short of it is that things have always worked interestingly regarding warfare, but since the weather is only manipulable to a certain extent the ability to manipulate the weather isn't how most wars are fought

prior to the diskorta'it regime (that time that discord fucked everybody and took over equestria), what usually happened was more along the lines of traditional ancient, and then eventually medieval warfare (and it's from this tradition that the guard core is derived).

that worked for a bit, but when the discorded regime took over and plunged the whole place into the shitshow that it was during those times, early guns (of a distinctly equestrian style since equestrians have never and still do not have have gunpowder) began getting developed and guerrilla warfare became a thing (which the aetalis used during the aetali war), which was used against the regime until keles and luna kicked him the fuck out

after that weaponry and tactics were basically stagnant, since equestrian wars are few and far between, with a few exceptions made for kryfona imports like the odd plane (invented c. 1755) and the occasional tank (invented 1827), but with the lunarian war, equestrian style warfare started resembling the shit you saw in world war one (particularly in the early days of the war), with a mixture of the german blitz in the form of the litasinenstrikka (which the equestrians used during the length of the war and in the aetali war as you see above)

that's about the state of war at this point, and it's only in equestrian areas for the most part. dragons tend to wage more conventional warfare since they have opposable thumbs and that shit and buffalo have approximately zero need for weapons
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by cya on October 15th 2015, 4:30 pm

wait what do you mean early guns, without gunpowder

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on October 15th 2015, 4:34 pm

roomo wrote:wait what do you mean early guns, without gunpowder
equestrians started out using smokeless powder and nowadays use it in unison with other propellants as is the case with modern guns
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on October 15th 2015, 8:15 pm

roomo wrote:does ur world rt even have the same elements that make up our universe
why would they not? you can't really change what elements make up the universe, they're basically constants

in all practicality though most elements beyond barium (with a few obvious exceptions like tungsten, gold, lead, mercury, lead and platinum) are undiscovered or discovered but effectively unusable, and absolutely everything beyond radon with the exception of uranium is undiscovered
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by oaky on October 15th 2015, 9:57 pm

viubladan wrote:
roomo wrote:does ur world rt even have the same elements that make up our universe
why would they not? you can't really change what elements make up the universe, they're basically constants

in all practicality though most elements beyond barium (with a few obvious exceptions like tungsten, gold, lead, mercury, lead and platinum) are undiscovered or discovered but effectively unusable, and absolutely everything beyond radon with the exception of uranium is undiscovered
stupid fuckin horses dont even know about fuckin lawrencium l o l
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9689
volume of testosterone : 280207
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 94
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on October 31st 2015, 12:20 pm



this is the best rendition of an equestrian style gun i could conceive because they have to take into account so many more considerations that our guns don't have
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 6:41 pm

i went back and revisited this and realized basically everything after paragraph 3 was nice and all but awkward and forced and way out of place and just in general shittily introduced
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by He. on January 13th 2016, 6:53 pm

tvilya wrote:

because they have to take into account so many more considerations that our guns don't have
like?
avatar
He.
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

Posts : 5962
volume of testosterone : 149551
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 18
Location : florida swamp

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 6:59 pm

Shalashaska wrote:
tvilya wrote:

because they have to take into account so many more considerations that our guns don't have
like?
well for starters and just off the top of my head you have no grip on the gun so the ring around the trigger has to be larger, the bolt has to work with a hoof (which ends in a flat and comes to a point), the butt end has to also be compatible with a hoof, you'd have to find a way to work a ramrod in there, reloading would be a total bitch unless you were a unicorn, as would steadying any sort of sights you might have on the rifle so you'd have to factor that in, and at the same time you'd have to keep all of this in a reasonably light and movable design that isn't prone to clogging or breaking in shitty weather
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 7:01 pm

you also have to compact it down into a fucking puny design too because we're talking at most horses who are ~3'5" and more likely are in the high 2ft low 3ft range so that complicates everything even more
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 7:09 pm

in fact to be perfectly real with you i'd have to say that equestrians probably would go with a revolver before they'd go with a rifle or a machine gun, because the revolver is small and compact and you'd have much less trouble holding it and many fewer variables to deal with while retaining stopping power and allowing for significantly more accurate shots since it's a one-hand gun and not a two-hand gun
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by cya on January 13th 2016, 7:14 pm

how would they even hold a revolver

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by cya on January 13th 2016, 7:14 pm

they're damn small

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 7:21 pm

to a human, yes, revolvers are small as fuck

but, when you're an equine who stands at a modest ~2'6", your average human revolver is either around the perfect size or slightly larger than perfect size, especially if it's of a smith and wesson type like this buckaroo

avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by sadako on January 13th 2016, 7:26 pm

that makes no sense

horse feet cant hold guns

sadako
Unamerican

Posts : 2613
volume of testosterone : 0
Join date : 2015-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 7:35 pm

tomoko-chan wrote:that makes no sense

horse feet cant hold guns
horses also cannot talk and most certainly cannot come in a dazzling variety of colors up to and including a literal fucking rainbow

what's your point here
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by toby on January 13th 2016, 8:07 pm

well i guess it's admirable that you at least tried to make a horse gun that was compatible with most of them instead of just doing the lazy "unicorns only" army policy that most mlp war fics have
avatar
toby
Toby

Posts : 5900
volume of testosterone : 118041
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 47
Location : toby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by cya on January 13th 2016, 8:08 pm

they should've evolved a fucking gripping mechanism before doing this shit

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 8:09 pm

unicorns only is impractical and absolutely no-one sensible would ever implement such a policy because for starters, unicorns are more or less all middle and upper class citizens (and thus, important) and more importantly can do basically anything with the right magical training, which cannot be said of pegasi or any earth bound equine species

throwing that kind of talent and ability away when you can just depopulate the frontiers and send a billion earth ponies would be absurd
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by oaky on January 13th 2016, 8:15 pm

tvilya wrote:unicorns only is impractical and absolutely no-one sensible would ever implement such a policy because for starters, unicorns are more or less all middle and upper class citizens (and thus, important) and more importantly can do basically anything with the right magical training, which cannot be said of pegasi or any earth bound equine species

throwing that kind of talent and ability away when you can just depopulate the frontiers and send a billion earth ponies would be absurd
uhnnn yes quite quite indeed
avatar
oaky
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

Posts : 9689
volume of testosterone : 280207
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 94
Location : AMERICA

View user profile http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by alyaza on January 13th 2016, 8:16 pm

oaky wrote:
tvilya wrote:unicorns only is impractical and absolutely no-one sensible would ever implement such a policy because for starters, unicorns are more or less all middle and upper class citizens (and thus, important) and more importantly can do basically anything with the right magical training, which cannot be said of pegasi or any earth bound equine species

throwing that kind of talent and ability away when you can just depopulate the frontiers and send a billion earth ponies would be absurd
uhnnn yes quite quite indeed
in american terms this would be more or less equivalent to us forceably drafting our higher-end intellectuals and innovators when we could just send common men
avatar
alyaza
Pedophile

Posts : 22588
volume of testosterone : 7954
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 42
Location : alyaza adborthos

View user profile http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by cya on January 13th 2016, 8:18 pm

except the higher class dudes have mastered the secret pf magic fucking mind powers

cya
Unamerican

Posts : 10540
volume of testosterone : -83277
Join date : 2014-11-26
Location : cya

View user profile http://www.legacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: aetali war

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum